600 Sprocket

xrsprocket.jpg

I have my rear wheel off right now for the first time since i've owned the bike. i was inspecting the sprocket teeth and noticed on quite a few built up ridges of metal on the teeth edges. how normal and to what extreme until this should be dealt with ?

also if and when a replacement sprocket is needed what changes if any have people made and for what reasons/ type of riding ?

on a different topic what are some peoples fav aftermarket front brake and clutch calipers ? the stock ones suck IMO so big and bulky feeling.

?

xrsprocket.jpg

I have my rear wheel off right now for the first time since i've owned the bike. i was inspecting the sprocket teeth and noticed on quite a few built up ridges of metal on the teeth edges. how normal and to what extreme until this should be dealt with ?

also if and when a replacement sprocket is needed what changes if any have people made and for what reasons/ type of riding ?

on a different topic what are some peoples fav aftermarket front brake and clutch calipers ? the stock ones suck IMO so big and bulky feeling.

?

Off road you should probably use steel sprockets, I have a brand new one Ill sell cheap in 48 teeth, whihch is stock and perfect for off road. I took it off my Supermoto cause I wanted more top end on the street, went to a 42 and can now get over 100mph on it. But this is with 17in wheels. Anyway, on the "calipers" are you talking about the levers? If so there are allot of nice shorty lever sets available, I installed a set on mine and love them, they have a rubber insert where the fingers go and are slimmer then the fat thick stockers which I hated. Got the set from cycle gear for $14.95