Front Tire Help!

I'm riding an 03 WR 450 mostly in the trail systems of Michigan - lots of sand and loose dirt with some rock and root mix. The front tire I'm currently running is a Dunlop 739 which IMO sucks. Does anyone have input into a better front tire to run in these conditions? I just put on a Michelin S12 on the rear and love it. Thanks.

We use a d756 on one of our bikes, and a maxis on another,do not remember the number, but the tread looks just like the dunlop. Both work great here in E. Tx. where there is lots of sand,rocks,roots and stuff. I agree the 739 is crap, I have one that came off my wr450 that still has sharp edges on it that I will end up getting rid of!

I just put on a Pirelli MT44 sand tire to make my bike street legal and so far it's been excellent on michigan trails. I was just in the U.P. last weekend riding around the shore of Superior and they were pretty good in the sand up there, better than my stock dunlops for sure. I've definitely had an easier time in sandy corners.

maxxis maxxcross si works well in the arizona rocks, sand, and hardpack.

For sandy riding area the Dunlop D756 works good, Although i think the Pirelli MT32 has better bite. Kenda Carlsbad K772 is working good for me at the moment in sandy conditions. The K772 has the biggest side wall I've seen ever on a 21" tire (makes the wheel look like a 20") making it superior ageist flats when confronted by rocks, sticks, or other things you might plow through.

Eddie :thumbsup:

I'm riding an 03 WR 450 mostly in the trail systems of Michigan - lots of sand and loose dirt with some rock and root mix. The front tire I'm currently running is a Dunlop 739 which IMO sucks. Does anyone have input into a better front tire to run in these conditions? I just put on a Michelin S12 on the rear and love it. Thanks.

In Western WA, I run an S-12 rear and M-12 front in the summer, in the winter I will go to an S-12 front because nothing will equal the traction in mud.

The S-12's have a ton of sidewall flex which sucks on hardpack and alot of MX applications. Pund for pound though I think they are the best oof road tire available :thumbsup:

I also ride in Michigan and I prefer the 773, but it wears pretty fast, I just used a maxxis IT on the rear with a 773 up front with no compaints, but I think one of the best all around is the 756 front and rear.

The front tire that I run and highly recommend is the Dunlop 756F, it's rated soft to intermediate terrain.

I run Dunlop 756s front and rear and love them. Mostly sand and loam riding where I am and can't fault them. Would definitely go them again.

I've done one longish ride (400km) on pretty well hardpack and i was surprised they seemed to cope pretty well in terms of wear, but that was just one ride.