Passenger Foot pegs

How'dy,

I am buying a 2005 WR 450.

I am looking for buddypegs too.

fourstrokeonly sells buddypegs made for WR 450, item code is 44-0024.

Unfortunately I live in Italy...

I have sent an email yesterday for info but no reply till now.

I'll let you know, please do the same.

Hey guys I went through the same thing 4months ago,couldnt find anything I thought would work and be sturdy so I built my own.The cool thing is they even say Yamaha on them.They cost me about $40 bucks to build and about1hr of my time.piece of cake.I will put them on my bike and take pictures later being im racing this Sat.I have a 05 Wr450 in a nut shell I bought some 2pieces of 3/16 6"x 6" steel at a local welding shop for $5 cash.Then purchased those everyday clamp style pegs at my local dealer 29.99 who gets them from tucker rocky.I made a pattern of my 2bolt locations on my subframe and frame out of notebook paper.painted the steel black,drilled holes.You need longer bolts to make up for the thickness of the steel went to Lowes because they are open late and bought same mm bolts just longer to bolt through steel square & subframe into frame.Then bolted pegs to square steel,lose the clamps that came with the pegs.My brother has a 03 Wr450 and my pattern matched his also so I built him some.It only takes a few minutes to change 2 bolts the pegs fold up so they dont bug just play riding.I do remove them for when im racing,or riding hard.I will try and post some pics later or you can email me and I will send them direct if your interested.Russ

The last time I read about pegs on the bike, somebody mentioned that the sub frame will not last, the guy had to beef up his sub, and I think he only used the pegs for stunts. Anyway, I have the Pro Moto Billet rack on mine, and they warn about how weak the subframe is an to pay attention to how much weight goes on the rack.

My point is , just pay attention to the weight issue, maybe rtrolli addressed this, I would like to see his pics.

John in Vegas

The last time I read about pegs on the bike, somebody mentioned that the sub frame will not last, the guy had to beef up his sub, and I think he only used the pegs for stunts. Anyway, I have the Pro Moto Billet rack on mine, and they warn about how weak the subframe is an to pay attention to how much weight goes on the rack.

My point is , just pay attention to the weight issue, maybe rtrolli addressed this, I would like to see his pics.

John in Vegas

Excellent point...that's prolly why my new 06 came with a big yellow warning sticker on it saying this bike was not built for passengers!

I have a set of passenger pegs for my WR450, never used, brand new still in package. You can see them here: http://www.flandersco.com/action.lasso?-search&-database=_Flan_Levers.fp5&-layout=Accessories&-Format=AccessoryResultsP.html&-Error=AccessoryError.html&-Operator=Contains&Catagory=Accy7%20Footpegs

Probably $20 labor to install at a local weld shop, 30 mins max, welds to subframe, then done, no reliability probs from clamps loosening. Can saw off and grind later if you wish, no drama there either.

P.N. is 392-40024. Retail is $99, yours for $50 plus freight.

Send me PM if interested, and thanks for helping me get more stuff out of my garage : )

Regards-

Neil.

Dallas, TX.

How'dy,

I am buying a 2005 WR 450.

I am looking for buddypegs too.

fourstrokeonly sells buddypegs made for WR 450, item code is 44-0024.

Unfortunately I live in Italy...

I have sent an email yesterday for info but no reply till now.

I'll let you know, please do the same.

They answered me, they have them and they cost 99$.

I am still struggling to get my WR homologated to carry a passenger.