HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
rebelventurer

Where do I find a quality top triple clamp for my L?

14 posts in this topic

Any body out there have an aftermarket top clamp on there L model I am looking to upgrade from my stock bendamatic bars to ProTapers and I need a new top clampwith some adjustability as far as bar mounts go. please help Thanks :thumbsup:

Check out Applied Racing. Their web address is appliedrace.com

I would call them first to make sure their triple clamp works on the L. If I remember correctly, that is what I put on my 2002 XR650L.

Thanks 52wheels it looks like the R is covered by applied, I would have to at the least mount igition key elsewhere, I am still open to reccomendations, Thanks to all! :thumbsup:

To avoid the problem of finding a new triple clamp, I just bought the new Pro Taper standard bars, they fit right in the clamps, and I got all the controls on with ease. They come with the cross bar and pad for about $70.00. Just a thought.

RSW makes an awesome billet top triple clamp with key and speedo mound for the L.

I had one and it looked great, and they make a matching fork brace that works great as well.

Thats the one I am looking for. I thought I saw one like that on ebay recently, but have been able to find it now, can you give me further info to find RSW? Thanks :ride::applause::thumbsup:

RSW makes an awesome billet top triple clamp with key and speedo mound for the L.

I had one and it looked great, and they make a matching fork brace that works great as well.

Did treadmarks get rid of his XRL?

Thats the one I am looking for. I thought I saw one like that on ebay recently, but have been able to find it now, can you give me further info to find RSW? Thanks :ride::applause::thumbsup:

www.rswracing.com

Did treadmarks get rid of his XRL?

MMMMmmm... i dont think so.

Just upgraded the front end i think, went all supermoto on us too.

:thumbsup:

MMMMmmm... i dont think so.

Just upgraded the front end i think, went all supermoto on us too.

:thumbsup:

H E Doublehockysticks no. Like Happy said, I went tard on ya! :applause:

Street tard that is. :applause:

Swimmin pools, movie stars... :applause:

I did the USD conversion on my L, and liked it so much that I just put a deposit down on a Buell Ulysses. 103 hp and only 425 lbs :ride:

Its like half harley, and half XR.

My wife isn't very happy about a supercharged harley, Motard and a 1200cc adventurer tourer bogartin the garage, :applause: so one of the bikes, and a big box of parts has to go. :applause: Thats why I sold my triple clamp, fork brace and wheels to good fellow board members here.

Anyone lookin for a scary fast softail? Supercharged Night Train

I installed Renthal Fatbars and a Moose Universal Clamp Kit. Purchased both from Dennis Kirk. The Moose clamp serves as a riser, bolts right in and seems to work fine.