HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Diego

Need to rebuild top end of wr426

1 post in this topic

I did a search of the site for info on this subject but it was too busy and kept kicking me out. Help! Had some problems with the bike not running well so I bought a JD jet kit and installed as directed. It didn't help, so frustrated I took the bike to a well recomended mechanic and he tore into it and discovered that the bike's intake valves were shot and it was "popping" back through the intake. He said that it needed a top end rebuild and with the wear that he saw there he was assuming the there would be some issues with the bottom end as well. I am pretty good mechanically and have someone that can help me that has rebuilt several bikes but never a 426 so I was hoping that someone here could point me in the right direction.

thanks,

Diego