HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
scottman

88 600r spark problems please help.

6 posts in this topic

:ride: I have an 88 xr with intermittent spark it has a 1year old stator and the light lights wene kicked over. I put a new coil on it fired up but ran poorly till it died no spark now . my ? is there a way to test the ignition box before I spend 120.00 for a new one, any help please sman... :thumbsup:

go to 4strokes.com, look for technical click on honda and you will find it there along with how to test the pulser couils on the stator, whihc I frankly think it is. the stator windings that run the headlight have nothing to do with the coil or spark except the are on the stator with the pulser part of the ignition system, you could un-wind all the lighting parts and still have perfect spark from the two windings that are pulser coil windings.

go to 4strokes.com, look for technical click on honda and you will find it there along with how to test the pulser couils on the stator, whihc I frankly think it is. the stator windings that run the headlight have nothing to do with the coil or spark except the are on the stator with the pulser part of the ignition system, you could un-wind all the lighting parts and still have perfect spark from the two windings that are pulser coil windings.

good work sniper

all these electrical questions make me think why dont we have a sticky for common mods to 600,650 Rs &lLs?

I mean most other forums have them

Maybe we should do it ourselves, as in make a sticky about XR specific things, like measures, electrical values, pressures, and all the other pertinent information....hows about it mate!

heres what they say about the coils.

The two larger, black tinted, windings at 11 O'clock are the ignition primaries. The other four, from 10 to 6 O' clock are the AC windings for running the lights.

why not

let's build a stick for the 600, 650 and 650L?

we'll need many others input

happy to contribute

we'll break it down over engine, suspension, electrical, accessories, mods.

those topics should cover the entire gamut of things done to Xrs over time!!!

what do you reckon?

why not

let's build a stick for the 600, 650 and 650L?

we'll need many others input

happy to contribute

we'll break it down over engine, suspension, electrical, accessories, mods.

those topics should cover the entire gamut of things done to Xrs over time!!!

what do you reckon?

Lets do it. Ill start compiling sites and information tomorrow sound good? Goodonya till then.