HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Nashty

Anybody have nitrous on their bike? Ever seen it?

9 posts in this topic

I saw a YZ450 in the picture forum (hillclimbing thread) about a big bore bit that had a nitrous kit on it that was supposed to be making 75hp. Seems reasonable.

Anyone have any experience in nitrous on a carburated bike (ie, no fuel pump to add fuel).

You could wire in the "blue wire" on a switch to pull out some timing when you were hosing it. The only problem is how do you add enrichment fuel? Does someone make a kit to venturi the additional fuel in with the nitrous? I think that would work, just don't want to experiment on MY bike.

TIA...

Roger

You could wire in the "blue wire" on a switch to pull out some timing when you were hosing it.
You could, but then you'd have to live with a 6000 rpm rev limit. :thumbsup:
The only problem is how do you add enrichment fuel? Does someone make a kit to venturi the additional fuel in with the nitrous?
A couple of the kits address this by running bottle pressure into the float bowl, thereby increasing the relative strength of the vacuum signal at the main jet (increases the pressure differential between venturi and fuel supply). Crude, but fairly effective without using a fuel pump.

I think it would tear the shit out of the engine and just cost loads to fix it and put it back to normal. Ive also seen a quad with that setup, runs like shit at low-mid revs but sounds normal when you pinn it. I never rode it, scared it was gonna blow up between my legs and send shrapnel it ever which direction :thumbsup: