AIS Question

How exactly does removing the AIS improve performance?

From what I read, it pumped fresh air into the exhaust port. Does it really improve things when we remove it? What's wrong with a little "clean air".

I bought my bike used and it was already removed. So I don't have a frame of reference.

(I'm beginning to sound like one of the "greenies" we complain about. I like quiet pipes and clean air!)

As I understand removing it will not boost performance. It will eliminate the popping noise from your exhaust though.

Maybe you can consider a quieter pipe as an improvement?

How exactly does removing the AIS improve performance?

From what I read, it pumped fresh air into the exhaust port. Does it really improve things when we remove it? What's wrong with a little "clean air".

I bought my bike used and it was already removed. So I don't have a frame of reference.

(I'm beginning to sound like one of the "greenies" we complain about. I like quiet pipes and clean air!)

Leave yours in. And when we hear the popping on decel, we'll know you are coming!

The popping on decel is annoying. It isn't a lean condidtion popping, its a loud sharp popping that might disturb a spotted owl. If you have one take it off...do it for the spotted owl

As I understand removing it will not boost performance. It will eliminate the popping noise from your exhaust though.

Maybe you can consider a quieter pipe as an improvement?

Mine is already removed. I was just curious as to the benefit of doing it.

Mine is already removed. I was just curious as to the benefit of doing it.

Less weight, cleaner appearing engine area and the bike is easier to jet accurately because there is no popping from the smog pump. Basically the previous owner did you a favor by removing it.

Get the jetting right for where you ride and the exhaust will be just as "greenie" friendly as with the POS AIS system. WR Dave :thumbsup: