HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
motomonte

air filter oil

2 posts in this topic

I just recieved an uni filter along with some jets and am ready to mod my carb but I forgot to order filter oil,Is there any oil that can be used as a substitute?any ill effects from running the filter dry(no oil)?I"ll have the oil in a few days but can't wait to try the bike after the jetting and filter mods.

What type of filter oil are you going to use? Alcohol-based or petroleum-based? I'll bet you could use a light oiling of some type of vegetable oil if you absolutely can't wait for foam specific air-filter oil... :thumbsup: Heck, even motor oil will work also. Just clean it out really well when you're done. Like they say, necessity is the mother of invention...

If you're just going to start & run the motor while the bike is stationary I wouldn't sweat it. I definitely wouldn't risk scoring the cylinder just to ride a bike with a dry foam filter. I would wait

Why not put/leave the stock paper element in temporarily?