HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Junior426

2001 Excel Wheels Stock?

7 posts in this topic

Just wondering if a 2001 YZ426f came stock with Excel Takasago rims??? My bike had silver excels on it when I bought it and dont know if that is stock or someone bought the excels and put them on. Thanks in advance.

Yep. They use Excels on the 426's and 450's. Surprisingly, our 250F came with DID's.

So for example if Excels factory burnt down they could just switch all their bikes over to DID immedately.

Wonder why the 250's dont come with excels??? :thumbsup:
Because they are marginally lighter. The weight savings campaign on the YZ250F was something akin to a holy war at Yamaha. The end result in 2005 was that they had a 250cc DOHC 4-stroke in a steel frame that weighed 5 pounds less than their own aluminum-framed 250 2-stroke. Who'd a thunk that 10 years ago?

Because they are marginally lighter. The weight savings campaign on the YZ250F was something akin to a holy war at Yamaha. The end result in 2005 was that they had a 250cc DOHC 4-stroke in a steel frame that weighed 5 pounds less than their own aluminum-framed 250 2-stroke. Who'd a thunk that 10 years ago?

Damn, I wish they had done that with the 426... Oh well though.