Bigger WR450 Gas Tanks

clarke on an 07 wr100_1441-1.jpg

That's a nice looking tank and .5 gal over the IMS. Clarke seems to be known for the nut busting rise in the front, but the seat does not look bent up in the front any more than the IMS. Taller on top, but I can't imagine where else the extra capacity over the IMS would have come from. How is the space between the back of the radiators and the tank? Room for guards?

EDIT- -Love that yellow plastic!

100_1438.jpg

Troy, do you happen to have a pic of what your airbox looks like after you moved all the electronics in there after the YZ fender swap?

Nice bike Troy.

I'm gonna get one of those tanks.

Troy, do you happen to have a pic of what your airbox looks like after you moved all the electronics in there after the YZ fender swap?

thats a WR? :banghead:

let me work on the air box pic.

003.jpg

Thank you. That's right where my hour meter and Trailtech stator went, but good job on that. The bike looks great! :banghead:

Ok, I'll play. Not as pretty troyw's, but here's my '07 with a IMS. I went to the YZ shrouds and a '06 petcock and I have no issues what so ever.:banghead: I also got it brand new for $50, so the Clarke was never a consideration.:banghead:

SydBBallBanqnBikeredo068.jpg

Other side. :-)

PlaneMission001.jpg

I have the clear IMS tank and yz shrouds on my 08 with a GPR over the bar mount damper. No mounting problems or issues with clearances. I did have to mount the stock petcock backwards which is a pain sometimes, but not enough to make me remove the tank. I have always used IMS on all my bikes and never had any problems, unless I wreck, which does happen from time to time.