Bike sale dilemma concerning title - What would you do?

I would walk away unless the title ends up in your hand at the time of sale. All you have to do is go down to the bank with him and do the whole transaction in their presence. If that is not possible because it is financed by Honda then back away from this deal. Personally I believe Honda finance has all the paper work to complete a transaction like this where you pay the balance directly to them and they mail the title directly to you. It would require research by the one selling the bike and should have been done by the seller before he ever put the bike up for sale.

These bikes are not rare and you will find another one. That's my opinion.

I would but I might be dicking myself of the sale then.

Hmmm, I am curious if the winner is going to purchase it. I have not heard back from the guy yet today.

Nooooo....by NOT telling him, he will most certainly send the $$ for the bike he won, that's what you do when you win an auction. By telling him, it may make him stop and see whats up BEFORE the money is sent. It would do both you AND the winning bidder a good service.

Karma my friend....it does work.

I sold a bike that was still financed through Honda. If this bike is, you can call Honda and have the money tranfered directly into that acount to pay off the bike. They still send the title to him which he must then mail to you. Have a bill of sale stating the facts and have him sign it.

"A fool and his money are soon parted...."

No matter what the great deal he is giving you, something isn't right and I would spend a little more time and money to make sure you don't get screwed!

Good luck!

Dude, this deal has "heart break" written ALL over it. Walk away. Forget this bike exists.

I got my 01 R off of eBay, good guy from Austin, had a good eBay reputation. And a clear title. Forward Air shipped it. It can be done.

But not this time, man. Walk away, take a cold shower. There's lots of great R's out there, with clean titles and scrupulous owners. Be patient. This seller has problems and you are gonna make them your problems. Who the hell lists a bike and doesn't note "Lien"?!! &%$#@!?

Be patient. You'll get your R.

Dude, this deal has "heart break" written ALL over it. Walk away. Forget this bike exists.

I got my 01 R off of eBay, good guy from Austin, had a good eBay reputation. And a clear title. Forward Air shipped it. It can be done.

But not this time, man. Walk away, take a cold shower. There's lots of great R's out there, with clean titles and scrupulous owners. Be patient. This seller has problems and you are gonna make them your problems. Who the hell lists a bike and doesn't note "Lien"?!! &%$#@!?

Be patient. You'll get your R.

I agree, if this guy does not have a good ebay rep or here on TT......walk away and wait for the next deal!

Yea, I already forgot about that "deal". I told the guy (emailed) if I can't walk into the bank with him and see the payoff transaction and get title, I don't want it.

NEVER HEARD BACK FROM THE GUY , so this proves it was a real shady deal and he was most likely never was going to pay it off.

OH, I did email the winner asking if he was going to buy it and never heard back from him either.

Thanks all for the info, I learned a lot from your suggestions. :thumbsup:

He is getting dissed by his wife and lossing everything. He might not be selling the bike he was making it "look" like he sold it. I wouldn't want to lose the bike with everything else. Ebay has made it easier to sell (hide) things so you can keep them. He would need to sell it real cheap (scare everyone bidding on the bike) so he wouldn't have to pay so much in court.

Boudroux has it right, but if this is too much bother for you, run!!! Is it that good of a deal in the first place? :thumbsup:

I sold a car that had a bank lein on it, met the buyer at the bank...paid the loan with his money and they gave him the title, he drove the car home. Thats the only way to do this deal..period.

Boudroux has it right, but if this is too much bother for you, run!!! Is it that good of a deal in the first place? :thumbsup:

I thought so ...........$2500 for it with 96 miles on.