YZ 400f vs. YZ 426f

This post is actually written as a question for a friend, I own a 2-smoke, so can't help him much.

He is looking at a 98 yz 400f. Its clean, has some after market bars, pipes (white bros) etc. The guy is asking 2000.00 but will most likely accept his offer of 1800.00 is this a pretty fair price?

Second, he has looked at a couple 426f's they are comming in at 2300-2800. Is there a significant performance difference between the 400 and the 426 to justify the price difference of $500 or more? He is brand new to the sport and just wants to do some all-round riding.

Thanks

This post is actually written as a question for a friend, I own a 2-smoke, so can't help him much.

He is looking at a 98 yz 400f. Its clean, has some after market bars, pipes (white bros) etc. The guy is asking 2000.00 but will most likely accept his offer of 1800.00 is this a pretty fair price?

Second, he has looked at a couple 426f's they are comming in at 2300-2800. Is there a significant performance difference between the 400 and the 426 to justify the price difference of $500 or more? He is brand new to the sport and just wants to do some all-round riding.

Thanks

I've never riden a 400 but I own a 2001 YZ426F - From a price stand point, in California I bought my bike for 1400, with full spare sand tire/rim and extra desert gas tank and it was clean as all get out... With that said, I wouldn't pay 2k for any bike that is 13 years old, like a 98 400.

A quick search on craigslist yielded a couple possible 426 bikes under 2k.

The bike wasn't 13 years old 5 years ago when the post was put up. :thumbsup:

really? WOW

Haha.. Thats what I get for paying attention.

this has got to be awesomest zombie post ever. thank you so much, i haven't laughed that hard in a loooooooooooooong time.