HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kenpo1

YZ 400f vs. YZ 426f

6 posts in this topic

This post is actually written as a question for a friend, I own a 2-smoke, so can't help him much.

He is looking at a 98 yz 400f. Its clean, has some after market bars, pipes (white bros) etc. The guy is asking 2000.00 but will most likely accept his offer of 1800.00 is this a pretty fair price?

Second, he has looked at a couple 426f's they are comming in at 2300-2800. Is there a significant performance difference between the 400 and the 426 to justify the price difference of $500 or more? He is brand new to the sport and just wants to do some all-round riding.

Thanks

This post is actually written as a question for a friend, I own a 2-smoke, so can't help him much.

He is looking at a 98 yz 400f. Its clean, has some after market bars, pipes (white bros) etc. The guy is asking 2000.00 but will most likely accept his offer of 1800.00 is this a pretty fair price?

Second, he has looked at a couple 426f's they are comming in at 2300-2800. Is there a significant performance difference between the 400 and the 426 to justify the price difference of $500 or more? He is brand new to the sport and just wants to do some all-round riding.

Thanks

I've never riden a 400 but I own a 2001 YZ426F - From a price stand point, in California I bought my bike for 1400, with full spare sand tire/rim and extra desert gas tank and it was clean as all get out... With that said, I wouldn't pay 2k for any bike that is 13 years old, like a 98 400.

A quick search on craigslist yielded a couple possible 426 bikes under 2k.

The bike wasn't 13 years old 5 years ago when the post was put up. :thumbsup:

Haha.. Thats what I get for paying attention.

this has got to be awesomest zombie post ever. thank you so much, i haven't laughed that hard in a loooooooooooooong time.