Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
cowboyona426

Cleaning those hard to reach spots

16 posts in this topic

Anyone got any tips on how to get into those hard to reach spots (short of tearing the whole bike apart), like the area behind the cylinder and below the carb? I've got some stubborn mud in a few hard to reach areas that I want to disappear, any ideas would be appreciated.

I use a tooth brush after I soak it with Simple Green or some Q-tips if they are long enough.

I blast it with a water pressure spray after every ride before the maintenance routine.. and I use a detergent with it..

I use a tooth brush after I soak it with Simple Green or some Q-tips if they are long enough.

It seems for me that my sisters toothbrush used to work much better than any others though.......

It seems for me that my sisters toothbrush used to work much better than any others though.......

I hope she doesn't read TT.. :thumbsup:

I use a toilet brush. I believe it was new when I bought it. At least I hope it was.

Did you ever notice the small market for used toilet brushes??? It also works well on the chain and hubs when I dont feel like dragging out the pressure washer.

Suzuki Motorcycle Wash, part #SP-5A. Suggested by another TT'er (Indy, I think?), this stuff worked GREAT.

I like to keep my bikes very clean, usually spend a couple hours on clean up. This cleaner cut the time to about 30-45 minutes with just a garden hose and very little scrubbing. It got all the hard to reach spots that are a pain to get to.

Afterwards, I like to use silicon on the engine, linkage etc. to help stop the mud from sticking.

Diluted Simple green - 50/50 with water.....

let it sit 3-5min....spray it off - looks brand new. :thumbsup:

My bike had a lot of dirt and grease and crap on the hard to reach places but after riding all day in sand, it was clean as a whistle... not that thats the best way to clean your bike or anything, just thought it was funny.

I let Simple Green soak on it for awhile and then hit it with a toothbrush. Works great on the hubs also...I never even have to scrub them and they are spotless. At the WORCS race this last weekend the Team Kawasaki mechanics were using Simple Green on everything. I also talked to a guy that sprays his bike down with Armor All tire shine stuf before riding to keep dirt from sticking.

I have a problem with the cleaner I use in that it dry's after just 1 minute or so no matter how much concentrate I use. Dam heat out here :thumbsup:

...Carb Cleaner (Gumout) FTW. Look at my bike (in Garage), see how clean it is...for proof.

I heard simple green eats up gaskets so i dont use it. i saw factory kawi at hangtownand other teams use mr clean to bling their bikes but i forget which one. anyone know the stuff they use?

Thanks for all the ideas... I'll give the Simple Green/toothbrush a try. The toilet brush is a good idea too, but I know where our toilet brush has been and I don't dare touch my bike with it!!! :thumbsup: