Production XR 650 SM ( Super Motard !!! ) COOOOOL !!!

Went by the dealership today after work and after looking at it closer it does appear to be a jap-only bike, not US. The keyring tag said it was an 06 model, no stamp on the frame with the model year. The black bike below is much smaller and jap-only as well. 150, 230? All of the warning labels on both bikes is in Japanese. I have more pics that I could upload tomorrow if anyone is interested.

:thumbsup:

618455-xr1.JPG

618456-xr2.JPG

618459-xr7.JPG

618462-xr8.JPG

Went by the dealership today after work and after looking at it closer it does appear to be a jap-only bike, not US. The keyring tag said it was an 06 model, no stamp on the frame with the model year. The black bike below is much smaller and jap-only as well. 150, 230? All of the warning labels on both bikes is in Japanese. I have more pics that I could upload tomorrow if anyone is interested.

:thumbsup:

618455-xr1.JPG

618456-xr2.JPG

618459-xr7.JPG

618462-xr8.JPG

They look pretty sweet and yes, I'm interested in all the pic's. :ride:

Can you also refresh my memory as to why this shop has them? I think you said it somewhere but I can't recall where. Wait a minute, those are just pictures that the shop has?

What size is the black one in the last picture? It looks like they are using the engine as part of the frame as I don't see any frame tubes at bottom of engine.

The last one is a XR100/CRF100.

com'on guys estart... they always start first kick anyways so whats the point. how lazy ya gotta be. passenger pegs look kinda goofy, i like the baja designs one i got on mine better.

So I looked and maybe I am a dumb ass

But you said you got foot pegs for the passager for yours

I would like to get a set, but did not see them

Can ya help me out

Thanks

Sorry again if I am just blind

I would like to see the pics as well!

Here are a few more:

618648-xr3.JPG

618649-xr4.JPG

618650-xr5.JPG

618651-xr6.JPG

CRF100 Dash:

618653-xr9.JPG

I have been told that the XR400 SM, E start, USD forks is coming to Australia.

Its a production model out of Honda.

I would say we will see the XR's with upgrades on all sizes.

Which i think is a very smart move by Honda.

And theres just one more to come out.

Big bore CRF.

Went by the dealership today after work and after looking at it closer it does appear to be a jap-only bike, not US. The keyring tag said it was an 06 model, no stamp on the frame with the model year. The black bike below is much smaller and jap-only as well. 150, 230? All of the warning labels on both bikes is in Japanese.

Looks like the dealership is selling both the 400 and 100 bikes on eBay now if anyone is interested.

XR400- http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150043664102

XR100- http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150043665121

Looks like the dealership is selling both the 400 and 100 bikes on eBay now if anyone is interested.

XR400- http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150043664102

XR100- http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150043665121

Yea I saw them. I think the black motor, toward the usual grey- silver color, really sets the bike off nice.

I think it's a nice simple package, very nice.

The 100 is really cool too. That would be fun to have a whole pack of guys with modified ones and go back road cruizing.

I called a dealer and I came to the conclusion we are dreaming :devil:

Even if they could get them I imagine they would be up in the $10,000 range or so but of course I'm just wild guessing.

Just because one dealer says no way i wouldn't let the issue just blow away.

Call yours and see what they say, why don't ya?

If there was a way I'd seriously consider selling quite a few toys of mine to get one. Would be cool having a extremely rare 650 like that and I bet it would hold it's value far more then a US 650, don't you think?

If you knew someone over there that would buy it for you (or has one to sell) and ship it over I guess that's a possibility?

:thinking:Hmmm, (dreaming again) if we could get a dozen guys, put a deposit on them and order them for spring time arrival ..........

Think they will ever be imported to the US a year or two down the road?

is this bike gona be brought to the us?

Be very careful buying a foreign market bike. It if doesn't have a 17 digit VIN then proceed with extreme caution. I had a foreign market bike with a plate from CA (CA!!) and AZ wouldn't touch it with a ten foot pole.

Regarding the 400 on ebay--no 17 digit VIN = big headaches (my foreign market bike had an 11 digit VIN too). All US vehicles have 17 digit VINs. As soon as any DMV recongizes it as a grey market bike you've got registration trouble....

just my experience

What would you like to know?

Dallara is 30 kilometers from where I live.

Dallara imports XR in Italy.

The new XR250-400-440 are city bike: heavy, slow, not off road oriented.

Honda produce them as supermoto and Dallara transform them in enduro but they are :thumbsdn:

The XR 650 R and SM are omologated for street use but they are VERY expensive.

I had the 650 enduro and bought it used, the best thing to do here.

Now Dallara developed an electric start placing the battery behind the right radiator, it costs 900 euro to add it, 600 if you buy the bike with the ES.

The SM is nice bike but suspension and brakes (except the 320mm disk) are the enduro ones, not very good for supermoto.

At the smaller price, you buy a KTM 625 much better equipped for supemoto.

You can visit www.xr-italia.com to see how we customize our XRs :devil:

Forget to buy an XR in Italy, it's too much expensive.

We must but you, american, why?

I am not in according with the follow:

The new XR250-400-440 are city bike: heavy, slow, not off road oriented.

Honda produce them as supermoto and Dallara transform them in enduro but they are :thumbsdn:

I knew that Honda produces them as enduro and Dallara modifies in supermotard.

They are not so bad for off-road.

They are not too much specialized like Honda CRF or KTM EXC,

but for an amateur use are OK! :devil:

Particularly for open space like in USA..

UncleRoby saresti da annotare nel libro nero di XR-Italia, che denigri le XR, proprio alle persone per cui sono nate. :thumbsdn:

Vittorio, I reckon you are not well informed!

The new XR400-250 are made for the japanese market and they are supermoto bikes.

Dallara transforms them in enduro.

The 400 is 15 kg heavier and 5 HP less powerful, and they are not off road oriented: check out how they assembled the spoilers on the iron tank! :devil:

Heres a pic of my XR650 in moto trim....:devil:

BIKEPICTURES007.jpg