HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Baron Von Beard

TM Designworks Slide-N-Guide Kit

26 posts in this topic

I ordered up the kit last night (Chain Guide, Slider and Power lip roller) and was curious about how noisy these things are. TM Designworks says they are quiet but I have heard that chain slap is pretty loud. Any experience with the kit?

The first rendition of the TM slider was very loud (I have one on the 250), but I understand the newer ones are quiter due to the addition of an underlining built in. They may still be louder than OEM , though.

BVD, I just bought one for my KTM. It's not loud at all. It has some stick on foam on the bottom to help out, and they give you extra's. Very nice stuff.

The kit is worth every penny, and I can't tell it's louder than stock when riding and others have not complained either

DSC00749.jpg

I think the older ones were loud, but I guess they fixed it with these new ones...

Hey Baron were and how much did you pay for the kit?

I just ordered it from TM Designworks directly. It was $159.95 with free ground shipping. I considered the yellow, but thought it would look ugly, so I went with the black kit.

It lessened the noise from chain slap IMO.

Do you have the slider and the guide? The pic in your garage looks like a stock slider.

I have the chain slider only and it is no noisier than stock...quality stuff!

i also put just the slider on my 06 and i never hear any chain noise from it... great buy as far as i'm concerned. still have to get the rear one. just haven't had any problems with the stock one yet.

I have the new slider on my 06 (slider only) and it's not anywhere near as loud as the old one on my 00. I only have about an hours worth of time on the TM unit and it has a little more wear than I expected, but I suppose being brand new it needed to wear in.

I just ordered it from TM Designworks directly. It was $159.95 with free ground shipping. I considered the yellow, but thought it would look ugly, so I went with the black kit.

Baron /RB I too ordered this kit in Yami SE Yellow several weeks ago. I was so excited....until it showed up....TM Yellow YZF SE kit is nothing more than the Suzuki puke yellow same color - I called them up to complain...and found out they use the same yellow color for both Yami SE and Suzuks...marketing crap! the special roller you ordered also is for ATV's, not bikes and they do not tell you this on their website - a problem they admitted too when I told them that is what I was sending back......I sent all of it back for a full refund....What they are coming out with is a a Stock replacement that is the same material as the larger off road slider but not as thick - it is a stock replacement that is said to last 4-5 times longer than oem. That is what I am waiting for. :thumbsup:

call them at 541-535-1612

Can anybody lesson the noise from the slapping coming from my wife and I's bedroom at night as well? :ride::thumbsup:

Maybe advertising that your wife bitch slaps you all the time isn't the best idea.

BTW it's "lessen".