HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sdc

New 2005 WR450 owner

5 posts in this topic

First off thanks to this site for great info. If not for the info given here and a GYT AIS kit given to me by the dealer, I would be a VERY DISAPPOINTED WR450 owner. I couldn't believe how corked up this bike was. I stepped up from 1990 WR250 2 stroke and was expecting more out of the box!

I will repeat what I've heard many times over on this site YOU MUST DO AT LEAST THE "FREE" MODS TO MAKE THIS BIKE RUN CORRECTLY

2nd if your looking for a great dealer in Northern Ohio see Ralph Johnston of North Ridge Yamaha /Suzuki, (NRYS.) small dealer, great to deal with!

welcome aboard same here leftover 05 and sweeeeeeeetttttt

bout the free mods i shortened the stop screw and changed the exhaust , i dont need the high range so i left the grey wire, and i ride in very nasty mud and dust so for the .025 hp from the airbox i left it alone, ais i am debating on it. a machinist is making me a plug for the head so i will take all that crap off later if i want to.......

great bike and bulletproof......change that oil )

i dont need the high range so i left the grey wire

Ok, you need to pull it out of the harness man! The change is not dramatic, just makes the bike run a fair bit smoother. The WR timing is some what crappy for the emissions. Seriously pull it out of the harness and try it.