HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
philipstjohn

06 used Xr 650R upgraded

2 posts in this topic

I am being delivered tomorrow a slightly used 06 XR650R, uncorked, uni filter, Al Bakers's backfire screen, stock exhaust drilled out, 68s, 172 main, comp needle, third position. Most forums suggest a simular set up, but with a 175 main. Should I go to the 175, or just feel out the current set up? I do not want to run it too lean. This bike came from Utah, I live in Florida, and it seems closer to "my specs" then up in Utah? That is what is puzzling me. Any ideas out there? :thumbsup: confused:

I am being delivered tomorrow a slightly used 06 XR650R, uncorked, uni filter, Al Bakers's backfire screen, stock exhaust drilled out, 68s, 172 main, comp needle, third position. Most forums suggest a simular set up, but with a 175 main. Should I go to the 175, or just feel out the current set up? I do not want to run it too lean. This bike came from Utah, I live in Florida, and it seems closer to "my specs" then up in Utah? That is what is puzzling me. Any ideas out there? :thumbsup: confused:

:ride: Run it. I have the same set-up but my side panel is opened up with XR`s only kit. It`s getting colder here in Maine so I might go up 175 main but as for right now it rip`s.I D/S`ed it for the street,what a blast. :applause: