Heavy duty tube

I recently pop my tube and replaced it with a heavy duty tube. I feel like it changed the way the bike handles. Is there a big weight difference? If so is there enough to feel it?

I recently pop my tube and replaced it with a heavy duty tube. I feel like it changed the way the bike handles. Is there a big weight difference? If so is there enough to feel it?

:thumbsup: There is no way you could feel the difference in a heavy duty tube and a regular tube. Unless your last name is Reed. :ride:

was it front or rear? if it was the rear you may have put the wheel in a different spot than it was originally. also you might have reversed the tire which could change the way it bites in, and last but not least you might be running a higher or lower air pressure than you were before.

My name is not Reed, Henry, Stewart, etc., nor am I in their league, although I once held a #1 plate in the game I played. Nevertheless, I can feel the difference in HD/Non-HD tubes at either end and between 110 vs. 120mm tires on the rear.

I recall once asking for an inner tube for a 110 and having the counter person set a box up into which you would have been challenged to place a radiator cap. I said I might like to have one that was not the lightest available, and he said the only other thing he had was a "Heavy Duty" tube. I though I knew what that meant, so I said OK, and he brought out something the size of a shoe box (for big feet, too). The tube in it could have been run as a tire. There can be a very big weight difference, and it an also noticeably affect the "feel" of the tire at different air pressures.

I went to another shop and got a more nearly normal tube.

what gray said. i was running brdgestone UHD's which are probly bulletproof....but they weigh at least twice as much as the moose HD's(which i highly reccomend) i'm using now. i've not weighed them but i'll bet there is a lb difference in the rear. now you can't tell me that in a world where ounces count (especially in unsprung weight)and considering that its all on the outside edge of a rotational mass(kinda like changing FWW) that it makes no difference :thumbsup:

I put the tube in the rear tire and replaced the tire with a new one. To me it doesn't feel right. I guess it's not just my imagination other people feel the difference too.