Petition for the XR650R

I'm not sure how everyone else feels, but I think the 650R is the outcast of this forum page. The 650R has NOTHING in common with the 650L, 600R, or 600L. Also, the 650R owners and 650L owners, for the most part, don't like each other much. Most conversations about 650L's, 600R's, & 600L's have nothing useful in them for 650R owners because the 650R doesn't share any common parts.

Anyone who thinks the 650R should have a seperate forum page, reply to this thread.

If you dissagree, do NOT reply to this.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure how everyone else feels, but I think the 650R is the outcast of this forum page. The 650R has NOTHING in common with the 650L, 600R, or 600L. Also, the 650R owners and 650L owners, for the most part, don't like each other much. Most conversations about 650L's, 600R's, & 600L's have nothing useful in them for 650R owners because the 650R doesn't share any common parts.

Anyone who thinks the 650R should have a seperate forum page, reply to this thread.

If you dissagree, do NOT reply to this.

Don't like each other? Now how do you arrive at that? So in other words they should not ride together either?

So your not open to any suggestions except ones that agree with you?

? I never really took note that there is a 650L-650R cult going on, I thought everyone got along just fine. :ride:

Man, I don't understand why this bothers you so much. This is second thread you have started today regarding this? Once you have been on here a while it seems you quickly realize who is riding what, and it seems most people have their bike type in their sig line.

They will probably stop making the XRR in just a few years if not sooner, then you will have a seperate forum for a bike that is no longer being produced with a half the threads in the new forum, and half in this combined forum.

I really wish there were different forums for 650R's & 650L's (they are 100% different bikes). Actually, I think the XR650R should have it's own forum (the 650L, 600R, and 600L and pretty much all the same bike).

But, since we have to deal with all this confusion, PLEASE put either 650R or 650L (or 600R & 600L) in the forum title.

I hate when I start reading about a good topic, and then find out it's not even my bike.

Ok, maybe that was bad wording. I just see a lot of One-Up Syndrome between the two groups. I just think that since the two bikes have nothing to do with eash other, other than a number, maybe we should cut it up. It gets very time consuming to click through a ton of articles when you don't even know which bike is being taked about.

For the people who don't care, maybe they should make a general Honda page, or a general XR page.

But for me, I want to talk about my bike, and easily find info about my bike. Right now, it's not easy.

thats just lame. the main reaon they are grouped together aside from similar size, is they are all used for mostly the same purpose. yes some use theirs more off-road and some don't. it doesnt matter if you use it 1% or 100% dirt or street these bikes (r and l) are related!!!!!!!!!!!

I just wish there was a more efficient way to separate the two. This is the best open forum website around, but I'm usually not hanging out here too often. So most of the time, when I'm looking for something, I want to find it quickly.

I don't know, add a second text bar under the title to type the bike's model. Or better yet, a pull down menu to select different models. Then you could choose to look at different articles based on model, not just the title.

Well they do share similarities pertaining to quite a few things as in tires , wheels, brakes, levers , bars, chains, sprockets , etc, etc.......

Even if they are a bit different and won't transfer from one to the other I'm sure there is valuable info to learn from both parties.

I just think your missing a whole audience of help and suggestions if you split them up. I'd rather we all stick together ?

Its already been done.

A poll was already made.

The votes already counted.

So what was the results?

Personally, I like all bikes. I have owned all manner of motorcycles and love them all, regardless of size, religious affiliation or sexual orientation. Two wheels and a motor, I like it.

But. I think motopsycho650 has a valid point. I read the 650 forum NOT to read about large-displcement Honda dual-sporting (though my R is ds) but to read about R's. Tech, mods, quirks, performance, etc. I want to read about R's.

I have nothing against L's or 600's, or Cushmans for that matter, I would love to own any or all of them. But that's not what I currently own and am interested in.

I think it is a quite reasonable request. Not from an elitist-I'm-better-than-you perspective, but simply because the bikes are significantly different.

Peace. :-)

Myself, I'm just happy we have such a place to source info from. If I have to actually look for my info for the extra 10-15 seconds it takes to do a search, then that's what I have to do. Why take up extra bandwidth when it's REALLY not too hard to find what you want.

Come to think of it it's no different (not at all) when they split up the 450 R & X. They used to be together too.

Either way it really doesn't bother me but does make the reading much easier.

I'll bet TT will go along with your request. ?

Clearly they should be split. I am an XR650R owner and have no interest in the L. I really don't understand why they were put together in the first place. The only thing in commen is the "650" number, and the motors share nothing in commen. I would suspect L owners feel the same way. I have never seen an L on my rides.

For my $o.2............. I first off, do not own a R or a L yet... I enjoy reading about both. This site has already given me TONS of information on both bikes and helped me make up my mind. It really does not take more than a few seconds to scan articles to differentiate between the two. I see the point of a R form and a L forum but I like to keep the combo forum.

This is from a noob but again, I have broadened my knowledge of the both and it has been VERY helpful.

Thanks.......

PIP