HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Crash 2006

TT Store...In need of a Chain!!!

15 posts in this topic

I am going to buy a chain and want to know what is the best one to get for the money. I like the looks of a gold one since my bike is yellow, looking to buy from TT.

Also, how do I know it bolt right up to my bike with the stock sprockets, or do I need to take a few links out?

Thanks!!!

This may be wrong, so don't flame me if it is. I have heard that DID and Renthal both make great chains, and I know the chain on my 426 is 120 links I believe on stock sprockets, so it might be the same for the 450, as it seems many bikes use 120 link chains.

I think they should give people a test before they buy bikes... if you can't read the manual you shouldn't be riding a dirt bike.

I think they should give people a test before they buy bikes... if you can't read the manual you shouldn't be riding a dirt bike.

:thumbsup::ride:

Oh yeah, if you order a 114 link chain you will be fine with the stock sprockets, if you buy a 120 chain, just have you're shop/dealer take 6 links out, no biggy.

if you buy a 120 chain, just have you're shop/dealer take 6 links out, no biggy.

I disagree..buy a chain breaker and do it yourself, very simple.

The manual was left in my trailer and you are now in my ignore list. :thumbsup:

I disagree..buy a chain breaker and do it yourself, very simple.

Well, I bought my chain at my shop, so I told them to take some off...(it's free).

Well, I bought my chain at my shop, so I told them to take some off...(it's free).

Not all dealers are that kewl..plus the chain breaker will come in handy in the future

Not all dealers are that kewl..plus the chain breaker will come in handy in the future

Oh, yeah the Honda dealer I bought it at is cool, I ride with the guy and was going to buy a CRF their too, but I went with a better bike instend. :thumbsup: I buy a lot of stuff from them, as far as Movies, sunglasses, gear, tear-offs, etc...go. I buy all my parts through my Yamaha dealer though (it's a Car dealer, plus a Yamaha dealer), he's really cool...cuts me huge discounts and everything, but they dont have any gear or whatnot so...I guess I could use a chain-breaker, won't hurt to have one. If I ever need some links off Terry (Honda dealer) will take some out for free though, same with Yamaha.

Or you can be cheap like me and use a grinder and a small punch and hammer.

Too lazy to be cheap, I was too lazy to get the master link off the stock chain so I took bolt cutters to it. HAH.

Too lazy to be cheap, I was too lazy to get the master link off the stock chain so I took bolt cutters to it. HAH.

HAHAHA. And I am too cheap to bolt cut a chain, even a cccrrrraaaappppyyyyyyy stock chain. My poor butt might need a back-up chain some day.

Since you are too lazy to be cheap could you buy me a chevy S-10? You know since it is too much work to be cheap. Just think of it as a favor because I am keeping you lazy because you are buying something expensize for me and not cheap. HAHA :thumbsup: