Dual registration DMV Paperwork

I'm applying for dual registration and after getting all my forms filled out the guy who did my lighting cert said "all they care about is this stamp, you could have one made up". So I started wondering, what does the DMV do to make sure the forms aren't fake? Do they send them to the police department, AAA, shop etc to make sure?? Anyone out there work at or have a spouse that works at the DMV??

Actually, most of the forms that I used I got off the DMV website. The forms aren't special at all, what's important is the "stamp" on the light inspection form and the signature and badge number on the VIN verification form from a cop or licensed VIN verifier. The statement of facts form is generic too. Any more Q's, ask away buddy...

Dan ?

Thanks Dan. Maybe I didn't word that correctly. I'm wondering, once you give the completed forms to the DMV do they send a copy to the parties that filled them out (AAA, LEO, repair shop etc) to verify they weren't forged? Or do they just send them all to Sacramento to be referenced if needed?

They don't check the paperwork to verify the signatures, they go to the main DOT in your state. One word of caution, don't forge the paperwork because in Texas it is a 3rd Degree Felony-jail time and your title will get cancelled. Just do it the proper way.

They don't check the paperwork to verify the signatures, they go to the main DOT in your state. One word of caution, don't forge the paperwork because in Texas it is a 3rd Degree Felony-jail time and your title will get cancelled. Just do it the proper way.

Oh I agree, forging any of the paperwork would be nuts seeing as none of it it all that hard to get completed within the law. I just thought it interesting that all you need is a rubber stamp to get the lights certified.