Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fgleber

2006 Wr450f

5 posts in this topic

Hi there I've had my wr450f for a little over a month a I damaged my billet throttle and grip I just bought a brand new billet throttle tube and I was wondering if anyone could give me a hint on how to change the broken one with the new one, because the dealer will charge I little too much and according to them it won't take more than half hour.... If anyone could help me out I would trully appreciate....... Thanks

just dissasemble the throttle assembly...i think its only like 2 screws on the underside of the assembly.

its pretty easy

I just bought a brand new billet throttle tube and I was wondering if anyone could give me a hint on how to change the broken one with the new one,

The '06 does not come with a billet throttle tube stock, It should be plastic. A "New" after market aluminum billet throttle tube should be lubed properly before installation on the bar end.

Choose a good adhesive for your new grips. and if they will ever get real wet or muddy while riding - Wire Tie Them!

A couple of shots of 3M silicone in the can sprayed down the top of the cables will not hurt either.

Clean it all up nice and neat with a rag, check that your screws are tight and your throttle rotates easily and you should not have any problems.

It shouldn't be hard at all. Just a couple of screw.

But... do you have handguards? I used to spend every monday replacing grips, levers and throttle tubes until I got the aluminum handguards.

Those things, seemingly minor, would end my riding day. (On the other hand, I could have stopped crashing so much!)

After you change out your tubes, try to protect them.