Triple clamp and Fork brace

someone said treadmarks might have this... I've bugged him enough about everything else - hopefully he'll chime in.

rob

I've ordered a fork brace from Ron, received the wrong part and I was very pleased with his customer service. Part is nicely finished and fit well.

I've been running the fork brace on my xr650r for a couple months and It's a nice product.Good fit and finish, and tightened up the front real nice. :thumbsup:

The RSW fork brace for the XR650R is "U" shaped. Silly question, but is it mounted with the bottom of the U closest to the tire, or is it suppose to be mounted with the U "upside down"? I got one used and didn't get the instructions.

I tried it on with the U closest to the tire and mounted as high as I could on the forks with just enough room above it for a skinny hose clamp to hold the fork boots on. At rest there was about a 1/2" of space between the knobs & the brace, but after a high speed run I could see a few knobs that made contact (and the tire is about 1/3 worn down).

With a new tire, it looks like it would always hit. I am hoping I just mounted it the wrong way.

Thanks,

Frank

Thanks

The U should be upside down so that it follows the contour of the tire and the bottom of the front fender...

The U should be upside down so that it follows the contour of the tire and the bottom of the front fender...

Snaggle, did I dream this or are you running the SRC brace on your R? If so how do you think the two braces compare?

I had the rws triple clamp and fork brace on my "L" and it made all the difference in the world. Flickability in traffic was way better than stock.