HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
govana72

desert riding

6 posts in this topic

On a 05 WR450 stock is 14/50, but I use 15/50 for high speed stuff (baja,flat dez,dunes) works good try it

Eddie :thumbsup:

On a 05 WR450 stock is 14/50, but I use 15/50 for high speed stuff (baja,flat dez,dunes) works good try it

Eddie :thumbsup:

Ditto - You may have to "tool out" your case saver a little to run the 15T C/S sprocket though. I did on my 04'.

I run a 14/45 on my 01 WZ 444 and top out at 100mph. It won't win baja but it gets me by down there on long mexican roads. I run the same gearing in the woods too. I just stay in first and chug it along.

A 14/45 will have a bit taller top speed than a 15/50.

I run a 15/46, runs great in baja, im thinking on getting a 44 for the rear and see how faster it gets, with the 15/46, it tops out around 94MPH!!!

I run a 15/46, runs great in baja, im thinking on getting a 44 for the rear and see how faster it gets, with the 15/46, it tops out around 94MPH!!!

I agree. I use 15/47 for Baja, but am also considering a 44 for the times we have to do some highway cruising. BTW, a WR's 5th gear with 15/44 is very close to a KTM 450 EXC's 6th gear with stock gearing.

If I were doing 100% desert with no lower RPM cruising, I think I would try the 15/50. It's the simplist thing to do and besides, I don't think the WR has the HP to spin a much higher gear than that for top speed.