WR tool kit

I'm starting to collect tools for my WR400. What do you bring with you in your kit when you go out on a ride specific for the WR?

I use my friends tools! :thumbsup:

Why weigh your self down?

Seriously, with 8mm, 10mm and 12mm sockets and ratchet spanners you can strip your bike.

Add the right size allen keys (4mm and 3mm I think), star screw driver and a 6mm socket, you have the carby covered.

I always take a leatherman multi tool, they are great!

There was a tread about this a while ago with a lot of useful info. Was looking for it myself, but the help-button does not seem to function properly.

pHreaC

Motion pro has cool aluminum tire irons with a 3/8 drive that goes into the axle nut socket. Motion pro also has a new aluminum chain breaker I have the steel one very heavy an aluminum one might save 1/4 to 1/2 pound.

http://www.motionpro.com/motorcycle/tools/

I use my friends tools! :thumbsup:

Why weigh your self down?

Seriously, with 8mm, 10mm and 12mm sockets and ratchet spanners you can strip your bike.

Add the right size allen keys (4mm and 3mm I think), star screw driver and a 6mm socket, you have the carby covered.

I always take a leatherman multi tool, they are great!

I can almost completely disassemble my wr450 with what's on this list. I use 1/4 drive sockets, small ratchet and a 4" extension. You will also need the 6mm allen. Get a couple of screw driver bits (different sizes so you don't strip the heads). Zip ties, wire, patch kit, 3 tire irons (not two), small bicycle pump, small baby powder, a couple of rags, and a small spool of wire (never know when you have to secure your fender to get back!)

I don't know enough about chains yet, but I need to learn. Important, get the Moose Rider's Wrench so you can get your wheels off. http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/item.aspx?style=2593&department=646&Division=6

this all will weigh about 5lbs or so and will easily fit into a small backpack or camelback. I think that this will be enough to get you back to your truck or to allow you to finish your ride.

Get a leatherman, or one of the cheaper imitations available at walmart or target.

Whenenver I do maintenance on my bike of any sort, I always use the tools that I carry with me on the trail. I then add to my toolbox at home as well as my backpack as needed.

there is a link to i think drc hardware on the main page if not wheelingcycle.com they have a 25-27? cant remember mm spanner/tire spoon its a really nice addition