HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
racer511

ok i give up what do u think is wrong?

9 posts in this topic

my 2000 yz426 is making a noise like a rock in a hub cap. i have had the magneto cover off. nothing wrong. have had the clutch side side cover off. again nothing wrong. any ideas as to whats wrong? :thumbsup:

If the noise seems to be coming from the area of the water pump, I suggest you pull the right side crankcase cover and check the bolt holding the primary drive gear on. If it is the least bit loose, remove the bolt and check the square key holding the balancer gear in place. If my guess is right, the bolt has loosened, and the key is beat up and in need of replacement.

Don't ride it in this condition; you risk damaging the crank.

i havent ever. but was told the auto adjuster would eliminate any slack in the chain.

Unless your auto adjuster is all the way out because your cam chain is too loose for it too keep tight.