Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dbehr624

Radiator Guards??

11 posts in this topic

The WC cages are very strong. I was very impressed by how sturdy they are. They don't offer any added protection to the front of the radiators from rocks and such, but the stock louvers are good enough for me since I'm strictly MX. But as far as protecting thre radiators from getting bent or crushed, they are awesome. It would take a very nasty get off to damage the radiator with these on.

Unabikers.

There was a post on here about how the Unabikers didnt fit well at all (426) but maybe they are good for the 450's...

I had WC's, they were fine, but no front protection and rubbed my IMS oversized tank a lot, bad fit with the oversized tank! I broke the plastic stock ones and when I went to replace them I found that the WC's had broken...probably from fatique (rubbing on the tank and all). I replaced them with Devol Guards...I know, I know, a lot of you guys don't like Devols, but I like them. Front protection, side protection, no air blockage on the back (like WCs)...and heck, they were on sale!

I had WC's, they were fine, but no front protection and rubbed my IMS oversized tank a lot, bad fit with the oversized tank! I broke the plastic stock ones and when I went to replace them I found that the WC's had broken...probably from fatique (rubbing on the tank and all). I replaced them with Devol Guards...I know, I know, a lot of you guys don't like Devols, but I like them. Front protection, side protection, no air blockage on the back (like WCs)...and heck, they were on sale!

On the 06's they are cages and in no way affect tank fitment or airflow.