Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TARFELE

Side Case Cover/Guard

9 posts in this topic

I know CNC makes makes side case protectors but I cannot find one for the 650L. Any ideas where to look.

And yes, I already did a search with only three results

Thanks

No, not exactly. CNC makes a flat disk that you place on the side case/clutch cover and it protects it from the brake or shifter from cracking the magnesium cover. I have one on my WR but I cannot find one for the 650L. I guess I should call it a case shield. The Thumpertalk store sales one for the DRZ

Have you had the brake or shifter push thru the covers? Aftermarket guards aren't made for the 600/650L because the clutch/ignition covers on those bikes are very strong, not wimpy like most bikes nowdays.

because the clutch/ignition covers on those bikes are very strong, not wimpy like most bikes nowdays.

I disagree the magnesium is very weak. I had my side case crack in Mexico after the bike fell over and the shifter put a small crack in the side case. It was very small but it still leaked. I fixed it with Moose Putty. A friend actually had a gaping hole in his after he wrecked and the case was cracked by a rock. He lost all of his oil.

I think I may try and make my own.

Check out some post from a few weeks ago by justicedone and myself where we discussed this same problem.I even gave some ideas & measurements if you wanted to fabricate one yourselves.Believe me they work,this i learned after cracking the cases twice.

The engine side covers on the 650L are not mag.

They're either light alloy or steel

The engine side covers on the 650L are not mag.

They're either light alloy or steel

Okay, your right, :thumbsup: but that did not help me find a cover yet. :ride: