02 rear caliper on 05 ???

will a 02 yz 426 rear caliper fit on a 05 yz 450,the reason being i think i need the 27 mm caliper of the 02 compared to the 25.4mm for more braking power with my rear hand brake ? the m/c unit from rekluse has a 9.5mm piston,the only concern is will a larger caliper move enough with that size m/c? magura makes a 10 and a 13mm m/c,but i've been told that the smaller piston in the m/c will require less force;so will a larger piston in the caliper do what i'm looking for or make the situation worse?...any hydraulic junkies out there?

so does anyone know if the 426 rear caliper will interchange with the 450's???? i searched it and came up with they might swap but the 426 pads are bigger(by about 20%) and the 450 rotor is bigger by 5mm. sounds like it might work ? gray,anyone??

cool,sounds like i just need to lay out the complete assembly for each and see what fits ? gotta love a frankenbike! the feller that bought my old WR has to consult with me everytime he works on it, there were so many things changed around :ride: now i just need a 02 donor bike :applause:

cool,sounds like i just need to lay out the complete assembly for each and see what fits ? gotta love a frankenbike! the feller that bought my old WR has to consult with me everytime he works on it, there were so many things changed around :ride: now i just need a 02 donor bike :applause:

I just fitted 450 wheels to my 426,and the disc was bigger,but no problems fitted right up.

So think you will be ok.

Now back to running a 9.5 magura, can pull lever to bars, but feels more like front brake lever than 10.5,easier on the hand.

will a 02 yz 426 rear caliper fit on a 05 yz 450,the reason being i think i need the 27 mm caliper of the 02 compared to the 25.4mm for more braking power with my rear hand brake ? the m/c unit from rekluse has a 9.5mm piston,the only concern is will a larger caliper move enough with that size m/c? magura makes a 10 and a 13mm m/c,but i've been told that the smaller piston in the m/c will require less force;so will a larger piston in the caliper do what i'm looking for or make the situation worse?...any hydraulic junkies out there?

Just re-read your post, think you might have more braking power with what you are already running.

Going with bigger caliper piston,or smaller master cylinder piston,reduces lever pressure i think.

10.5mm will lock mine easy but gets tiring,that's why i went back to 9.5mm.

What is the problem to heavy a lever, or not enough braking power.