Haters...

Man1 Aint that the thruth about the pipes! I have the same problem with my XR610R supermoto, it has a Pro Circuit 496 forest approved slip on on it and I get dirty looks from people. But a hardly ableson rider goes by un noticed with 4 in dia streight 180db drag pipes....and 130 cubic inches of annoying loudness.

don't even get me started about the straight pipes on the full sized chevy trucks around here - no cats left in the system, straight out the back. Not surprisingly, you see a lot of Harley logos on the rear windows of those trucks, too

There's no emission checking here once the vehicle is off the dealer's lot, so these custom pipes on trucks are pretty rampant. Some muffler shops are almost advertising that they do that (illegal) stuff

Peter

The BRP isn't the latest, greatest thing which many posers need. In the right hands it is the best, most potent all around bike made. It's only for very experienced riders in the trails since it is heavier and more powerful than most bikes. So maybe your friends 450 is lighter turns/stops quicker in the trails. Get them on the road and see how long those bikes last at 80mph. Most of us will get 5-10 years on that engine before even thinking about any repairs. Try that on a 450 or any 2 stroke.

LOL, a friend of mine lives in Vista California. They just built a huge North County Motorsports place right across the street from him and he is pissed! He says it's not the dirtbikers or even the crotch rockets. It's the damn harleys that as soon as they turn onto a street (and get absolutely straight) they hit the throttle as hard as possible so that they can try to impress everyone with their badness... Fat 40-50 year old balding men who are trying to re-claim their youth. :applause::thumbsup::applause::ride:

Around here in New Mexico, all you see on Harleys are young chicanos about 21~35 years old. Trying to get as much Macho as possible out of a bike, you should see the ape hangers that are about 4 feet high!

I gave up the lighter motox bikes long ago, they did handle easier but the constant maintainence, parts ordering and hauling them from one riding area to another got to be more trouble than it was worth, since my first street legal XR600R in 86 my tool box has been collecting dust, and I havn't had to push one home since, ride from home no more trucking or trailering just to take a ride, I pass the DRZs and small DS bikes all the time coming back from out of town rides they can only put put on the open road, nice to give a wave as I blow by. Some forget you need power to pull hiway gearing unless you don't mind riding along like your on a moped.

What size do you have? I would like something less than 1 finger stoppie, I want to be able to still ride a bit of dirt without swapping it.

Here it is...

EBC Oversized Brake Rotor, Front

Fits: HONDA , XR650R

Our price: $137.99

Part# RS6001

Size: 280mm

This item is In-Stock

280mm oversized, full floating rotors are now available for all recent off-road motorcycles

Kits come complete with repositioning bracket and are bolted on with no other modifications required

Standard caliper is retained

motoxDiscs.jpg

Hello Huffa 2,

Well I agree that a lighter bike is better in the woods if you fit the bike. That said, I make the 650R look like a 250. I'm 6'7" and weigh 265lbs and to me the 650R is a small bike. My legs have an inseam of 38" so I can touch standing over the BRP with both feet flat on the ground. I ride everything from open trails to goat trails in the Cape Breton Highlands with allot of guys on KTM 200,300, GAS GAS 200-300, XT 225-550-600, WR 's, CR's AND XR's . I ride on the pegs more then most and use my legs, which is the right way to ride this bike rather then trying to muscle it around. After a 300km day when most are putting their bikes into trucks or on trailers we on the three XT600's, an XT550 and the three on 650R's ride our bikes home. Now grant it we on these bikes are all tall people and that has allot to do with the ease that we use them. We have never been in an area that I could not follow the smaller bikes except in deep mud where I slow down a bit but then a quick twist with the right hand will get me right on their back or passed them.

To each there own and this bike fits me better then any other except the KTM 950 DAKAR . I'm not out to offend anyone so please don't take it that way. Good luck with whatever bike you ride and most of all, HAVE FUN!!!! :thumbsup:

Hello Huffa 2,

Well I agree that a lighter bike is better in the woods if you fit the bike. That said, I make the 650R look like a 250. I'm 6'7" and weigh 265lbs and to me the 650R is a small bike. My legs have an inseam of 38" so I can touch standing over the BRP with both feet flat on the ground. I ride everything from open trails to goat trails in the Cape Breton Highlands with allot of guys on KTM 200,300, GAS GAS 200-300, XT 225-550-600, WR 's, CR's AND XR's . I ride on the pegs more then most and use my legs, which is the right way to ride this bike rather then trying to muscle it around. After a 300km day when most are putting their bikes into trucks or on trailers we on the three XT600's, an XT550 and the three on 650R's ride our bikes home. Now grant it we on these bikes are all tall people and that has allot to do with the ease that we use them. We have never been in an area that I could not follow the smaller bikes except in deep mud where I slow down a bit but then a quick twist with the right hand will get me right on their back or passed them.

To each there own and this bike fits me better then any other except the KTM 950 DAKAR . I'm not out to offend anyone so please don't take it that way. Good luck with whatever bike you ride and most of all, HAVE FUN!!!! :applause:

:applause: Note he said "follow" :applause::applause::applause:

:thumbsup:

:ride:

Well, I have only had my BRP just over a month and have spent most of my time in the sand and woods learning to ride it. I am 6'2" @ 270lbs, even then, this is a lot of bike to handle. I can understand why a lot of people "hate" it. You simply cannot flog this bike like say a kx250. You have to let the bike do its job and trust that it will do its job well. Also, I bought this bike to hit the streets and dirt roads. Just installed my Baja kit and getting the green card for it next week. Just from telling the guys at work who ride cruisers and sports what I am doing, they immediately start talking about me jumping tracks, shortcutting traffic, riding wheelies, etc. That is just the reputation this bikes have. And I like it :ride: My thoughts are this is the most versatile bike on the planet and bought it for that very reason. I can't afford the best bike for each occassion, so I bought the best bike for ALL occassions. :thumbsup:

It looks good, it rides good, and it costs good.

What's to hate?

I traded my EXC 250 because I got tired of riding the same trails over and over. Before trading, I went on a dual sport ride. Wow. I got to ride 100+ miles of scenic, different trails and roads in one day and I was hooked. But I knew I needed a different bike when this BMW Something went "whoosh" by me on a paved section. "I'll catch him in the tight stuff," I said. Never did.

On the 250 at 55 mph on the highway, I felt like I was sitting on a bumblebee, flappin' his wings for all he was worth.

This '07 XR650R is NICE. It's quiet, powerful, and I don't notice the 35 extra pounds at all. Miss the popper? Ha!