HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
honkylips

Cheap risers so I can run 1 1/8 bars?

6 posts in this topic

Anybody have a source for cheap risers to allow me to run 1 1/8" bars? I have some risers on there now that add about 1.5" and it may be too tall with the bars I've got. I'd like to try a riser with .5" or less rise.

They don't need to be bling, they just gotta hold the bars on.

I've got a set of universal adapters to run Pro Tapers on my XR650R. They rise about 3/4" from stock. They're readily available at most bike shops for about $50. The bottom portion just bolts to the original mounts. Mine don't have markings on them but they should be had through Tucker Rocky or any other majort aftermarket parts catalog.

I have a set of brand new ProTaper brand ones I could sell you. They bolt to the bottom half of the standard 7/8 bar clamp. They raise your bar hight a little and then you can run 1 1/8 bars.

Let me know if you want them. I picked them up from ebay and the person described them wrong so I've never used them. I'd take somewhere in the 30 range including shipping if you are interested.

Those will work great with a set of CR high bend protapers, you'll get about 1.5 inches higher than the stock bar height woth that set-up...I say go for it and youll never look back! I did the same thing with the TAG adaptors and CR high bend pro tapers...I love it!

I have a set of brand new ProTaper brand ones I could sell you. They bolt to the bottom half of the standard 7/8 bar clamp. They raise your bar height a little and then you can run 1 1/8 bars.

Let me know if you want them. I picked them up from ebay and the person described them wrong so I've never used them. I'd take somewhere in the 30 range including shipping if you are interested.

I would be interested if they are available. sent you a PM...