Man, I had NO idea that ...........

.......according to Honda 's spec's for the 07's the dry weight of a L is 324 and R is 277.

That's 47 lbs difference :thumbsup:

Did any of you guys ever weigh you XR or XL models wet with nearly a full tank of gas?

I'm real curious what they really weigh wet.

.......according to Honda 's spec's for the 07's the dry weight of a L is 324 and R is 277.

That's 47 lbs difference :thumbsup:

Did any of you guys ever weigh you XR or XL models wet with nearly a full tank of gas?

I'm real curious what they really weigh wet.

mine weighs 280 with fuel, a half tank. It is an R

mine weighs 280 with fuel, a half tank. It is an R

That's a bit lighter then I expected .........not too shabby :thumbsup: Is that with some after market junk on too?

My R weights 320 with 5+ gallons of fuel on board plus some meager street legal stuff.

I started a thread a while back...looking for L weights.

But no luck.

I also wanted to know how far off the factory spec is.

That's a bit lighter then I expected .........not too shabby :thumbsup: Is that with some after market junk on too?

Thats with everything I could take off I didn't need off and only 4lbs added for the street legal kit. So it is right about 280~290 depending on fuel load. If I fill up the Acerbis 5 galklon tank it is 290.

Thats with everything I could take off I didn't need off and only 4lbs added for the street legal kit. So it is right about 280~290 depending on fuel load. If I fill up the Acerbis 5 galklon tank it is 290.

You mean everything off you didn't need on, don't you?

You have a pic of yours or one with a 5 gallon tank on?

Sniper is misleading us with his airhead R compared to the waterhead R.

Sniper is misleading us with his airhead R compared to the waterhead R.

Well that make more sense. I couldn't figure out how Sniper's bike weighed 30lbs less than mine!

Not saying you are lieing, but that sounds a little ususally light. Gas weighs just under 6 pds per gallon. 5 gallons= 30pds. 277 dry + 30pds of gas = 307pds. And not accounting for oil,coolant, and street legal gear. My 00 xr650r with less than a quarter tank of fuel and baja designs kit weighs 315-320pds. On the other hand that bike could be stripped down to no end and actually weigh 290pds wet.

Sniper has an XR600R not a XR650R.