HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Huffa 2

Man, I had NO idea that ...........

11 posts in this topic

.......according to Honda 's spec's for the 07's the dry weight of a L is 324 and R is 277.

That's 47 lbs difference :thumbsup:

Did any of you guys ever weigh you XR or XL models wet with nearly a full tank of gas?

I'm real curious what they really weigh wet.

.......according to Honda 's spec's for the 07's the dry weight of a L is 324 and R is 277.

That's 47 lbs difference :thumbsup:

Did any of you guys ever weigh you XR or XL models wet with nearly a full tank of gas?

I'm real curious what they really weigh wet.

mine weighs 280 with fuel, a half tank. It is an R

mine weighs 280 with fuel, a half tank. It is an R

That's a bit lighter then I expected .........not too shabby :thumbsup: Is that with some after market junk on too?

My R weights 320 with 5+ gallons of fuel on board plus some meager street legal stuff.

I started a thread a while back...looking for L weights.

But no luck.

I also wanted to know how far off the factory spec is.

That's a bit lighter then I expected .........not too shabby :thumbsup: Is that with some after market junk on too?

Thats with everything I could take off I didn't need off and only 4lbs added for the street legal kit. So it is right about 280~290 depending on fuel load. If I fill up the Acerbis 5 galklon tank it is 290.

Thats with everything I could take off I didn't need off and only 4lbs added for the street legal kit. So it is right about 280~290 depending on fuel load. If I fill up the Acerbis 5 galklon tank it is 290.

You mean everything off you didn't need on, don't you?

You have a pic of yours or one with a 5 gallon tank on?

Sniper is misleading us with his airhead R compared to the waterhead R.

Well that make more sense. I couldn't figure out how Sniper's bike weighed 30lbs less than mine!

Not saying you are lieing, but that sounds a little ususally light. Gas weighs just under 6 pds per gallon. 5 gallons= 30pds. 277 dry + 30pds of gas = 307pds. And not accounting for oil,coolant, and street legal gear. My 00 xr650r with less than a quarter tank of fuel and baja designs kit weighs 315-320pds. On the other hand that bike could be stripped down to no end and actually weigh 290pds wet.