HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Huffa 2

Gearing of L & R

3 posts in this topic

Just wondering if a street legal R with stock gearing will cruise comfortably all day at 70- 75 mph like an L would or would the R be revving too high and have to be geared taller?

I own an L so i dont know first hand, but the R is designed to tear across the desert at 100 mph if that helps :thumbsup:

Just wondering if a street legal R with stock gearing will cruise comfortably all day at 70- 75 mph like an L would or would the R be revving too high and have to be geared taller?

No, and yes.

Comfort is a relative thing, as some don;t mind the buzziness when using lower gearing.

I have a 96 XR600R supermoto and have 15~45 on it now. It does 102 top end, but thats not at the rev limiter, and cruises great at around 70. but I have yet to do that ALL day! I guess if I had to cruise ALL day on it it would be OPK if I got off every 100 miles or so to stretch and take a break. You need to do a few things though, gel grips, bar snake, and probab look into a rubber mount setup for the bars and some rubber footpegs if thats your need!