Yz 450

Does anyone know if the yz400 suspension can be transfered over to the 2006 yz450

my 05 suspension went on my 06 with no problems but I think the fork tubes are smaller on the 400. I think the shock will bolt in.

heres an excellent question....WHY? would you do that. thats like wiping your rear with used toliet paper. (ok, maybe not like that, maybe not even close) but the 06 suspension (and bike in general)is so much better than anything off that dinosaur. and it doesnt really matter how well your "re-valved" suspension is, it doesnt compare.

heres an excellent question....WHY? would you do that. thats like wiping your rear with used toliet paper. (ok, maybe not like that, maybe not even close) but the 06 suspension (and bike in general)is so much better than anything off that dinosaur. and it doesnt really matter how well your "re-valved" suspension is, it doesnt compare.

Yup! :thumbsup:

the only reason i can think of: 400 suspenders are lowered and set up for supermoto and he wants to be able to run the new bike with it for supermoto and be able to swap back to the 06 stuff for motocross.

Does anyone know if the yz400 suspension can be transfered over to the 2006 yz450

Mr Collier, I also do not know why you would wan't the old YZ-400 stuff on the 450 but I can answer your question. The older KYB shock is slightly shorter but will bolt up, however the new Yamaha swingarm is also different. The linkage pivot position was changed {that is why they used the longer shock} and if you combine the short shock with the new swingarm the rear of the bike is lowered by about 3 inches. Even if you are setting it up for Super Moto you will probably be eating thru the fender.

The forks are different diameter on the upper and lower clamps so the clamps and a few other things would need to be changed to make them fit.

Hope this helps.

I would suggest selling the suspension off the YZ400F and use the money you get to do whatever modifications your looking for to the 2006.

Well The Reason Is I Just Got A 2006 450 And I Race Flattrack And My 400 Is Set Up But I Cant Afford To Get My 450 Done Before Labor Day ......so I Am Trying To Find A Fast And Easy Fix

The forks should work with the 400 clamps and stem.

My guess was close at least :thumbsup:

Good luck with that, either way man.

I would just try to play with the suspension on the 450f a little for now then, until you can get it done. It's really good suspension, and I think you will be surprised when you ride it and feel it.

how about this does any one know the diameter of the forks on the 2006 450 and the 400

barch88 i have to change the suspension ...i race flattrack its gotta be lowered ...so thats why i am trying to do this till i can get the 450 suspinsion fixed