Blown Head Gasket...

I believe my 00 426 has a leaky head gasket, so I am going to get in and repair it sometime next week. My question is, since I'll have it apart, any other suggestions of what I should look for/replace and what not?

I am also thinking of replacing the piston and rings, but I like being able to get my 91 octane gas around here. BTW, I live in a small town and would have to drive at least 1 hour to get anywhere that would sell something above that. So I'm thinking the high compression stuff is out.

What do ya'll think?

Get a cam chain, piston, pin, clips, ring set, and valve springs. Take your time and do it right. You may want a machine shop to inspect your head and make sure its not warped or anything, since you have a blown gasket.

91 octane won't work with a 13.5:1 piston. I highly recommend the 13.5:1 piston, its one of the best mods I've done to mine. But, if race gas is not available to you, then you should stick with the OEM stuff. :thumbsup:

I look at how long the OEM stuff lasts, which is pretty darn good. I would stick with the OEM and stock compression for longevity and the ability to use pump gas.