high flow header/ loss of torque?

The higher flowing exhaust will have less restriction, so you will lose the backpressure required for low and mid torque. The top end will be noticeably more powerful though. I have an FMF Q full system, and it has a portion of the midpipe that looks like a small expansion chamber. They call it the PowerBomb. I'm guessing this is the one youre talking about. I am not sure how much torque it gives, because I had my engine rebuilt (overbored) and carbs jetted at the same time I put the exhaust on. Let us know what else you find!

ANdy

I have the hi-flow headers with FMF PC IV and thought it was too loud. The bike had tons of torque throughout, but definitely had a lot of top end. I put the FMF quiet insert (baffle basically) in there and noticed a gain in low end. I'm guessing because of the back pressure. Bike is nearly as quiet as stock now and I think it actually runs better. The jetting my have been just a tad lean as every now and then at low elevation I get popping on the decel. Now it seems right on. Who knew a baffle would actually make the bike run better.... I like to take it out every now and then (mostly around town or private property) just to let her scream, and I'll admit it even though I firmly believe in being quiet.... it sounds awesome.