Dual Sport WR

I want to put my '04 WR 450 on the road, but I don't like the look of the DS kit headlamp assemblies, and after reading many threads here, I sure don't feel like shelling out for a kit I don't need anyway. It also appears that the WR comes stock with two-filament bulbs for both the tail/brake light and for Hi/Low beam up front. This leads me to believe if I get the ProCycle #1 wiring harness and switch assembly (http://www.procycle.us/main/dskit.htm) I would simply need to buy the horn, mirror and signal lights of my choice. Am I right?

Also, I am looking for some suggestions for rear flush-mount signal lights, as there is no convenient mounting spot for stem-style lights at the back.

All suggestions are welcome. ?

The ones I got from BD looked like those but werent packaged, so I will assume they were the same ones. Those lights suck. They cant be seen during the day. I replaced mine with some I found at the closest M/C shop (a Suzuki/Honda/Kaw). They were cheaper and can be seen. As for your harness, look at this

http://www.farplaces.com/dual.htm

and build your own.

John in Vegas

There was a guy on here somewhere that was going to give us Yamaha Part numbers for the Kits they install at the dealers in Australia on the WR's down under to make them street legal, he even posted pics, it looked awesome. But he never did get us any part numbers for the kits...... ?

from what I see trick needs to use their own headlight with integrated signal lights, am i missing something? this is why i didn't go with them when i DS'd my bike.

You can use your stock headlight, that is what I did. Give them a call and talk to Dale.

I would like to buy a 2006 WR450F and use it like my XR: as commuter, dual sport and trail bike.

Is it reliable and durable enough for such use?

I travel 7000 miles a year, do you think I will need to open the engine every year?

Thanks,

Uncleroby

I want to put my '04 WR 450 on the road, but I don't like the look of the DS kit headlamp assemblies, and after reading many threads here, I sure don't feel like shelling out for a kit I don't need anyway. It also appears that the WR comes stock with two-filament bulbs for both the tail/brake light and for Hi/Low beam up front. This leads me to believe if I get the ProCycle #1 wiring harness and switch assembly (http://www.procycle.us/main/dskit.htm) I would simply need to buy the horn, mirror and signal lights of my choice. Am I right?

Also, I am looking for some suggestions for rear flush-mount signal lights, as there is no convenient mounting spot for stem-style lights at the back.

All suggestions are welcome. ?

You will need a brake light switch as well.