01 426 exhaust cam swap

I know there's probably 150 or more threads on swapping my 01 exhaust cam for an 03' but it sure is alot to sift through. Does any one have an inside line for a good tread dealing with this swap? better yet, a PDF file to down load? All help is appreciated.

Mike

You can use the procedure in your owners manual for the most part. The only difference will be timing the exhaust cam. With the 450 cam, you will need to count the pins in the chain between the top timing marks on the intake and exhaust cam. There will need to be 14 pins, and I don't believe that the timing mark on the exhaust cam will line up with the head but I am not positive about that. As long as you don't let the chain slip on the crank or the intake cam then all you will have to do is remove the old cam, orient the new cam with lobes facing the front wheel and place it with 14 pins between the two timing marks and you will be good to go. If you don't have a manual you can use this link for the procedure. http://www.thumperfaq.com/yz_timing.htm

Hope this helps,

Josh