HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
krausemouse

why did my rear sag get stiffer 06 450

5 posts in this topic

Weird. Set sag after break-in at 98mm. Last night we set again...same people/method and it was 88mm. Does the titanium spring actually get stiffer over time? :thumbsup:

Ditto... I set mine after break-in. I've been having trouble entering corners and was going to take off my works braces thinking the extra weight messed me up. I checked my sag and it was almost at 1/2 of what it should.

Weird. Set sag after break-in at 98mm. Last night we set again...same people/method and it was 88mm. Does the titanium spring actually get stiffer over time? :thumbsup:

No the spring does not get stiffer...What is your static sag ? Does the shock seem to be operating correctly or does it have excessive rebound, feel bouncy ??

Sag was spot on . I'm going to put a paint dot on the collar and threads to see if it is moving and some how making it tighter.

If you dont have a big time bindup going on with the rear suspension...the only thing I could think of that would cause something like this if you put on a new chain and/or sprocket and you ended up having to slide your axle quite a bit further forward to account for chain slack.

Spring would not become stiffer with time and the shock collar could not tighten up on it's own either. If you didnt mess with the rear axle and your suspension isnt bound up in the linkage somewhere, it would seem that one of your buddies messed up with the measuring tape.