HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
chicagobikefan

Have you ever had a dirty oil strainer screen?

2 posts in this topic

When you change your oil & filter, do you also inspect the oil strainer screen? If you have, have you ever found it to be dirty? I'm asking because I forgot to do it at the last oil change and now I'm a little nervous. :thumbsup:

When you change your oil & filter, do you also inspect the oil strainer screen? If you have, have you ever found it to be dirty? I'm asking because I forgot to do it at the last oil change and now I'm a little nervous. :thumbsup:

There are two screens. One in the frame and one in the engine. I only clean the one in the engine when I have it apart for something else. I never have found much on the one in the engine. Most of the crap seems to end up on the one in the frame. I only clean it every 3 or 4 oil changes, unless I have done some engine work. Then I clean it every time for the first few oil changes.

I wouldn't worry about it, just do it next time.