HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
xr650danne

xr650r uncorked and more

7 posts in this topic

I am waiting for my ordered parts for my xr650r. My bike is stock but uncorked.

I am about to shange airfilter to a K&N hi flow filter.

Change the backfire screen.

Open up the side panel

Change the carburator to a Tm40-6 with acc-pump

Change the header pipe to a fmf powerbomb header pipe. Use the stock exhaust.

Who has done similar upgrades and did you notis any diffens.

I can say that my xr650r is brutal in its nature, uncorked it flyes up on the backwheel at 3:th gear, without pulling the handles or using the clutch. I start to wounder if the bike is stock or powered up as it is :thumbsup:

As general guide most xr650r's won't wheelie in 3rd by themselves unless you pull back slightly. Maybe if my jetting\gearing was just right and i nail it right in the meat of rev range then maybe mine will wheelie on power alone but mostly not. Mines stock but uncorked and i weigh 240 pounds. :thumbsup:

I weigh 210 w/out gear so I'm guessing 220 minimum and if I'm on blacktop or have good traction my bike will definitely wheelie in 3rd. It is "uncorked." It has stock gearing, FMF Hi-Flo headers and FMF Powercore IV can. I would think any uncorked XR650R with good traction should wheelie in 3rd without any pulling for riders up to 240-250 range. Depends on where you sit and how the rear spring is. I have a 10.5 g Eibach spring with the shock adjusted for aggressive trail riding and it still wheelies no problem if I sit in a "normal" position. If I hug the tank (4.3gal Clarke) then it doesn't really "wheelie", but the front wheel will come off the ground.

So, I guess, I would generally disagree with the "as general guide most xr650r's won't wheelie in 3rd".

An uncorked 650R is in your words "brutal in nature"... Why do you think we love them!!??

Have fun... Be careful. It's a LOT of bike.

I have read that the xr650r with the setup i am about to do will weele on 5:th gear without pulling and/or clutching, so the future will tell, but after some hard work with the jetting and :thumbsup: and :ride: and maby the pig will be even more brutal :ride: , lots of :cry:

I have read that the xr650r with the setup i am about to do will weele on 5:th gear without pulling and/or clutching, so the future will tell, but after some hard work with the jetting and :thumbsup: and :ride: and maby the pig will be even more brutal :ride: , lots of :cry:

Dream on. :ride:

I had no idea my BRP even had a 5th gear! Honestly, I have never been out of third yet. My pig has the "moose" power up kit. It is uncorked, jetted, and has the manifold #16211-mbn-640. Stock gearing and it rips! Will definetly pull up in third, unless I am sitting on the tank. 5th gear wheelies? Doubt it.