Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Poe

Best Place for OEM Parts Online?

7 posts in this topic

I need some OEM parts for my new-to-me '93 XR650L and I'm new to Hondas. Who do you guys like for good prices and fast service? Bikebandit? Service Honda? Ron Ayers? Other?

One of the things I need is a head cover gasket. Is it best to use the OEM gasket - or is there something else out there just as good (or better) for less?

Thanks.

I've used service honda quite often, I have found that bike bandit is to much $ for the same stuff. Their parts finder (bikebandits) is irritating to use if you want to just browse general items.

My local shop sucks. There is ONE guy in there who knows that motorcycles have two wheels, and the other things have 4. The rest of the help is less than worthless. They couldnt look up the Catalog name on the cover much less find anything in it.

I also just got a "special" from my local shop via email & that Owner's link bullhockey site for:

"$79.99 Oil & Filter Change offer—Includes oil, filter, labor, and disposal fees (if any)."

$79.99 for an "Oil & Filter change" on a dirtbike? Are they flippin stoned? WHO in the hell would pay $80 damn dollars for an oil change on a dirtbike?!?!!???????????????!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??????

I've used service honda quite often, I have found that bike bandit is to much $ for the same stuff. Their parts finder (bikebandits) is irritating to use if you want to just browse general items.

My local shop sucks. There is ONE guy in there who knows that motorcycles have two wheels, and the other things have 4. The rest of the help is less than worthless. They couldnt look up the Catalog name on the cover much less find anything in it.

I also just got a "special" from my local shop via email & that Owner's link bullhockey site for:

"$79.99 Oil & Filter Change offer—Includes oil, filter, labor, and disposal fees (if any)."

$79.99 for an "Oil & Filter change" on a dirtbike? Are they flippin stoned? WHO in the hell would pay $80 damn dollars for an oil change on a dirtbike?!?!!???????????????!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??????

I use to work in the parts department of a few motorcycle shops when I was younger, loved it. But we were all great parts people, all riders and racers back then. Most parts peopel I see today are just kids looking for another job as the dealser don;t want to pay for a quality professional parts person. Too bad for them, they would definitly make more money. I think they think since peopel buy off line so much they don;t make enough money ot pay a pro parts person....what a shame. When I did parts there were stools at the counter and you were encouraged to sit and bench race and get to be freinds withus the guys behind the counter...ahhh the good old days of motorcycling! Only the bikes are better now...bummer!

I use to work in the parts department of a few motorcycle shops when I was younger, loved it. But we were all great parts people, all riders and racers back then. Most parts peopel I see today are just kids looking for another job as the dealser don;t want to pay for a quality professional parts person. Too bad for them, they would definitly make more money. I think they think since peopel buy off line so much they don;t make enough money ot pay a pro parts person....what a shame. When I did parts there were stools at the counter and you were encouraged to sit and bench race and get to be freinds withus the guys behind the counter...ahhh the good old days of motorcycling! Only the bikes are better now...bummer!

I remember them days....sigh

I haven't found a decent Honda Dealer in AZ yet. Every single one in the Phx area has boned me one way or the other. We got a new one last year, and I bought a new XRL from them. Took it in for first tuneup stuff, and they stripped the sparky plug hole getting the plug out. Took em 7 (seven) weeks to get the bike back to me...I was not a happy camper. I don't even want to buy a filter from them now....