HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
robsgt

anyone try a diff. back sprocket on 06

25 posts in this topic

I'm thinking about adding one tooth to the rear on my bike. Majority of the tracks asound here are kinda small as a rarely even get into fourth. I really like the stock gearing but am getting new sprockets/chain and was just wondering if anyone has tried this out.Thanks.

i put a 50 on the rear of my 06 yz450 because i'm a big guy that doesn't go very fast. it seemed to help coming out of corners and clearing jumps close to corners, it lets me just touch the clutch lever instead of always downshifting. didn't make a huge difference though.

I put a 50t on mine. Seems to have closed the gap between 2nd and 3rd a bit. I'm happy with it.

I run a 50 as well, much better than stock in mid/low speed corners w/a jump close to exit of turn

Sounds like just what I was looking for. How does that blue sprocket look? Do you have a gold chain? I bet that would look good. Thanks.

for slower, more technical woods riding I went to a 51 rear and love it. When I ride anything more open or go to the track I switch back to stock

Sounds like just what I was looking for. How does that blue sprocket look? Do you have a gold chain? I bet that would look good. Thanks.

you be the judge.

Pic006.jpg

you be the judge.

Pic006.jpg

The TM chain guide really tops it off too :thumbsup: Very nice bike.

those renthal (alumunimum) sprokets just wear out so fast, i'd rather have one not so pretty and have it last twice as long(steel)(ironman)

The TM chain guide really tops it off too :thumbsup: Very nice bike.

Thanks, since that picture I put the swingarm part on also. Much better than stock.

I'm going to try going the other way with a 48 to hook up better coming out of hard pack corners.

you be the judge.

Pic006.jpg

Looks sweet! I love the sponsor....perfect for after a hard race! :thumbsup:

Looks sweet! I love the sponsor....perfect for after a hard race! :thumbsup:

Considering he's the sponsor it would probably be hard to snap himself back into shape. :ride:

Considering he's the sponsor it would probably be hard to snap himself back into shape. :thumbsup:

Thanks for pointing out the obvious....doh :ride:

Thanks for pointing out the obvious....doh :ride:

It's a business right off. :thumbsup: Advertisement.

Also since I take care of a couple of pros both motocross and off road, it helps with exposure.

It's a business right off. :thumbsup: Advertisement.

Also since I take care of a couple of pros both motocross and off road, it helps with exposure.

What Pros are you sponsoring?

Thanks for posting the pics. Yeah it looks real nice. Def. on my to do list. And since my girlfriends last name is Fletcher, maybe you could hook me up with a chain and sprocket set and be considered my sponsor. I'm no pro but I'm very good locally. Oh yeah she said to also send a set of graphics too!J/K