HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
foefiddymoefoe

has any one seen this before?

1 post in this topic

I need some help with a problem i am having with my 99 650L .Some times when i would do a wheelie,when i would bring the front wheel back down my engine would make a clicking sound,like valves that needed adjustment for a few seconds then it would go away.But the last time this happend it stayed and now wont go away.I adjusted the valves,they were ok,the only thing i could think of were the auto decompresser on the cam ,i took it apart and it seemed fine or could it be the oilpump? I tried to see if i could pinpoint the sound by using a screwdriver pressed against my ear but it seemed to come from everywhere. I dont understand why this almost always happended when doing a wheelie and would go away. I have a cam and oilpump in my spare parts but wanted to see if anyone could help before pulling this apart.