Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
r6_300z

YZ400 wheelie problem?

10 posts in this topic

i just got my yz 400 about a week ago and it ran great, i got pretty good at 4th gear wheelies and i can do them for about 1 mile or 1 1/2 at the very max and then today i did a small low rpm'd wheelie and shortly after my bike sputtered and then shut off. there was plenty of oil in it and i dont think im doing them long enough for the motor to start to have problems. has any one else had a problem like this with their 400????

Wheelies can play hell on fuel delivery. It's very possible that you have a stuck float. Pull the bowl off and check 'er out.

well it was hard to kick over after wards but now it can start up but i dont wanna hurt the motor cause to me it sounded like there was an oil problem or somthin

Check you float height and make sure its in spec. Also you can loosen the top bolt on the oil line just for a sec. to make sure the oil pump is working.

well i drained my oil and it looks like chocolate milk so im replacing the head gasket but thanks for the advice

Brown oil means a blown head gasket? I thought that it only means that some dust has been sucked up your breather tube.

Brown oil means a blown head gasket? I thought that it only means that some dust has been sucked up your breather tube.

he drives it onroad not much dust

Chocolate milk means water in the oil. That is most likely a blown head gasket or a cracked case.