HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
johnnyonthegas

vulnerable frt brk line on a 650L?

10 posts in this topic

hi all...

I recently had a mishap that has me wondering..... :thumbsup:

I had a fairly big get off recently and somehow, in the course of the crash, the front brake line snapped off at the banjo fitting.......

check out the photos here:

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=152272&highlight=slydrite

check out posts #4 & 5 for the pics of the self created problem

at first, I didn't think too much about it, as the crash was pretty big and involved the top side of the bike making contact with a tree :cry: , so I thought it was a bit of a freak thing, but now that I've had time to reflect about, I'm wondering if this is a normal type of thing to have happen and if anybody else has experienced this type of crash related damage before?

also, if anyone has any tips on how to avoid this type of carnage in the future, any tips would be much appreciated :ride:

new to me also.

but then i dunno wth "ttt" means either.

to the top maybe?

sorry about the crash, but i seriously havent heard of anyone snapping a brake line before.