running question....

2002 xr650l only mod that i know of (white bro e series pipe) i purchased the bike used. The bike starts and idles great and runs perfect, but if you run it at open road speeds for apprx 10-20 miles at 60 + mph and approach a needed stop and you let off the throttle and pull the clutch in it will almost always idle down and then kill the engine. You can work the throttle and it will not go dead or you can down shift and it will not go dead....anyone had this problem?

2002 xr650l only mod that i know of (white bro e series pipe) i purchased the bike used. The bike starts and idles great and runs perfect, but if you run it at open road speeds for apprx 10-20 miles at 60 + mph and approach a needed stop and you let off the throttle and pull the clutch in it will almost always idle down and then kill the engine. You can work the throttle and it will not go dead or you can down shift and it will not go dead....anyone had this problem?

Just needs a little tweaking on the jetting.

Do you know what's in it? has the needle been raised?

If the low-speed fuel screw is 3 or more turns out, it needs a larger pilot. See what its set at, then try it at 2.5 turns out. If that's better, you're set. If not, find out what the jets are.

Dave