Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
XR 4 LIFE

xr600 street gearing

5 posts in this topic

What do you guys think is the best gearing for the street on an XR 600r ?mostly street riding and a little bit of dirt riding. By the way its a little pumped up full exhaust , rejetted etc.

I am currently running 14/47 and it seems to do fine for the road. it may be slightly tall for off road unless you are ridding in open space.

I am currently running 14/47 and it seems to do fine for the road. it may be slightly tall for off road unless you are ridding in open space.

Im runing 14-42 and it is great for street use and off road as long as you arent climbing hills in low rpm. It hauls ass on the street, about 102 at my altitude, which is 7420ft above sea level. great at freeway speeds like 65-75....On my desert sled I think Ill do 14-45 or so to get the best of both worlds but the desert sled has bouqou motor mods and the supermoto only has a pipe jetting filter and 610cc kit.

Mine had 14-39 when I bought it and for road riding it was great. Still had enough grunt when you needed it. Get it in the dirt with that gearing and you're stuffed though. A good alround is 14-45.

What do you guys think is the best gearing for the street on an XR 600r ?mostly street riding and a little bit of dirt riding. By the way its a little pumped up full exhaust , rejetted etc.

You can have both dirt and street by changing the front srocket. Say a 46 on the rear. Run a 15 front for the road and a 14 for the dirt.