TT AIS kit NOT COMPARABLE TO GYTR!!!

The TT store clearly states AIS removal kit and says nothing about new jets/throttle stop etc.. It does an excellent job at what it claims to do, provide components for the removal of the AIS system. Not sure how you concluded jets and throttle stops were included. Enjoy you're bike without the decel pop!

The Point I am making is that it is at least implied to me that the TT kit is comparable to the GYTR.

Not that it really matters at this point, but I would like to mention one thing.

The entire reason Lowdog made the TT AIS kit in the first place is because at that time Yamaha didn't make a GYTR kit. Our kit, and description of it is exactly the same as the day the kit first went on sale, long before GYTR ever thought of making a kit. Since the TT kit was here first, I wouldn't say anyone is implying it's the same as the GYTR kit.

I'm just proud to be part of a web site where the members are so knowledgeable, that even the bike manufactures have to come here to learn what they need to do to improve their bikes.

This isn't the first time a major manufacturer has used an idea first though up by the members on TT, and it certainly won't be the last.

The return to AIS is a nice feature of the GYT kit for those riders in Calif. Forbid my lips from uttering this, what is the rangers starting checking to see if the smog valve is in place or not!!!

Regards

Tim

Unlike cars that have to meet established emission standards, off-road motorcycles are currently not subject to this testing. So, until laws are passed requiring that we have to bring in our dirt bikes for smog testing, the likelihood of this happening is slim to none.

The state of Cal can't even fully get its arm around and enforce the current green/red sticker BS and sound testing, let alone trying to visually inspect carbs for any modifications. Technically, rejetting your carb with or w/o the AIS kills its green sticker eligibility.

AIS's are going on their 3rd model year on the WR's and if it was an issue, we'd likely have heard about it now.

Unlike cars that have to meet established emission standards, off-road motorcycles are currently not subject to this testing. So, until laws are passed requiring that we have to bring in our dirt bikes for smog testing, the likelihood of this happening is slim to none.

The state of Cal can't even fully get its arm around and enforce the current green/red sticker BS and sound testing, let alone trying to visually inspect carbs for any modifications. Technically, rejetting your carb with or w/o the AIS kills its green sticker eligibility.

AIS's are going on their 3rd model year on the WR's and if it was an issue, we'd likely have heard about it now.

Bryan, there is this joint in Livermore Ca called carnegie SVRA and word in the street is they've kicked out 250x and 450x owners because they've removed their smog. Im not sure if this is entirely true, but I have heard it from more than one person.

Have you seen the smog kits on the CRFX's? The replacement kits are all billet red anodized and easy easy to spot mods...

http://appliedrace.com/store/catalog/images/pg/5398c.jpg

The WR kits are pretty stealthy looking (no bling). You'd pretty much have to be edjamacated on what to look for, as our kit looks factory and since most of the plugs are buried, not obvious.

Plus, everyone knows those damn Honda riders are troublemakers... :thumbsup:

... I did order the JD kit, but still needed the 48 pilot that I thought would arrive with your AIS so was not able to do the Mods until I get one.

Morloc,

The #48 pilot jet is not needed with the JD Jetting carburetor kit on your WR450F. The jetting kit needles have different diameters, which are richer than stock, and also affect the idle mixture. Your stock #45 pilot jet will be used with the jetting kit in this case and the fuel screw setting will fall within an adequate range to adjust the idle mixture.

Thanks,

James

TT had been selling their AIS removal kits months before Yamaha came out with theirs. I don't see why TT should now make a "disclaimer" on their part.. I think you came out a little hot on this post assuming that they were identical parts, not TT's fault for that.. I'd much rather have the plugs than the caps (cleaner IMO).. Cutting the throttle stop is easy as pie and Yamaha has the jets for a couple of bucks. :thumbsup:

Anyone got some pics of the TT ais kit???

Plus, everyone knows those damn Honda riders are troublemakers... :ride:

Your too funny Bryan, The longer I have my TT AIS Kit the happier I am with it. No leaks, No maintenence, No see it. :thumbsup:

Thanks Bryan